Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that can sometimes require major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. In some cases, the urine will soak below the carpet into your home’s structure. Luckily, with BnK Chem-Dry‘s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), your most severe urine soaked areas can be saved. P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary process specially formulated to eliminate pet urine odors forever. This product has shown excellent results on even the most severe urine and other odor-causing spots by working to stop the smell at its source instead of simply masking the odor.
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
Urine deposited on carpet that is not quickly taken care of properly and safely does not stay there, it penetrates the ﬁbers of the flooring and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Often, without your knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location, marking their territory throughout the home. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls. It is amazing how often Carlsbad homes have lingering pet urine and general odors hidden under the carpet and flooring.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent, meaning it penetrates more walls and materials, creating horrible odors. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
When Chem-Dry’s organic product P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor and the lingering urine crystals.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined by a thorough cleaning analysis by our certified professionals, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the odor-causing urine crystals.
- In some of the worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage. Urine can permeate many layers of flooring and cause big hidden issues.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced. This will mean a slightly longer project time & cost.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary. In extreme cases, this is basically a glossy “odor barrier” that oges over the sub-flooring under the carpet that prevents odor from rising through the carpet.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine. *
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components. Our certified cleaning experts will then make sure all of the issues have been taken care of.